Saturday, May 19, 2007

And the Beat Goes On ....

I am participating in the Ample Knitters' Heartbeat Sweater (from www.justonemorerow.com) Knit Along (KAL). This is a pattern that I have been intrigued with for a long time and decided to join in when the AKs decided to make this their KAL. I love the way the lines start at the center of the neckline (the heart) and work their way outward. When looking for the yarn, I decided I wanted to try it first in a solid color in a cotton blend. I decided on Knit Picks Shine Sport (60 Cotton/40 Model)http://www.knitpicks.com/Shine+Sport_YD5420122.html. The color is called Cherry. This yarn is so nice to work with and the feel is wonderful. It is knitting up nicely too. I have had only once instance of the yarn splitting while knitting. I am using size 6 needles and have a gauge of 5 stitches per inch. The first portion is completed, which is the top part of the front and am now starting on the shoulder portion of the front. I took a picture of what I have done so far, and look .... IT IS A HEART. I didn't realize how this piece is shaped like a heart until I took the picture.


Now to get started on the left shoulder. One of the comments made by the AKs has been about the neckline being too low. I read Jill's instructions and she said to check often how the shoulder and neckline fit, so I will heed her words. Some of the AKs made the same suggestion.


I think the fabric of the sweater that I am knitting may be a bit lighter than called for in the pattern, but I am excited about the results all the same.


This is going to be a fun sweater to knit. I sure hope it fits right!

Baby Boomer Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment