Saturday, November 24, 2007

Football and Knitting

Yesterday morning at 7:30 a.m., Frank, John and I headed off to Tacoma for the high school semi-final games. Why? Well because O'Dea was playing against Bellevue at 9:00 a.m. It isn't often that I get to hang out with the guys so I was up and ready to go at 7:00. We hooked up with the Walshes and saw a lot of other guys that went to high school with Frank and John.

Of course, O'Dea won and it was a great game.

This also meant I had close to two hours of knitting time. Of course I took my knitting. I got the first repeat of the Teddy Bear Blanket done on the way down to Tacoma, and got started on the second repeat on the way back.

It case you're wondering .... I did NOT take my knitting into the game. I think that would be crossing the line as far as Frank and John are concerned.

In the afternoon Susan called and asked if I wanted to go for coffee. I looked around the house and here was Frank asleep on the couch with A.J. sleeping on his chest. John was downstairs playing Halo. Edgar was asleep in a sun spot on the floor. Louie was stretched out on the ottoman, and even Johnny was snoozing on the loveseat. David was still at work. Coffee with Susan sounded like a great idea. I told Frank he was responsibile for dog sitting while I was out, and off I went. What a lovely respite this was.

Susan and Cynthia came over last night for a sip n' knit and we had a great time. It's always good to catch up with them. They are very special ladies and very good friends.

It was a lovely day overall.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment