Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Opportunities for Knitting

Someone recently asked me how I managed to get any knitting done with everything else I have going on. I grab any opportunity I can to knit.

I knit on my morning and evening commutes to and from work.

I knit when we travel to Edgar's Acres or Portland.

I knit while waiting for a pot to boil.

I knit in bars when I would really like to have a cigarette.

I knit while waiting in line, and while waiting for appointments.

Yesterday I managed to knit a whole inch on my sock while at the dentist.

I got there a few minutes before 11:00, and the receptionist said "they will be right with you."

Knit, knit, knit.

The nurse came and got me and got me all settled in the chair, put the little chest apron on and said "the doctor will be with you a few minutes."

Knit, knit, knit.

Dr. Jeff came in and said that his nurse will take some films of my sore tooth, and that she would be "just a minute."

Knit, knit, knit.

Xray taken, and the nurse said "it will be a few minutes before the films are ready."

Knit, knit, knit.

Dr. Jeff comes in and we discuss the films and he starts numbing up my mouth and he says "your mouth, lip and tongue will be numb in a few minutes."

Knit, knit, knit, and knit some more.

Dr. Jeff starts working on the tooth when he announces my tooth doesn't smell so we are going to take the conservative approach and see if we can get rid of the absess with anitibiotics and the "feel good" filling on my tooth. He says "we'll get the filling started in just a minute."

Knit, knit, knit.

Dr. Jeff comes in and puts in the "feel good" filling on my tooth. He says, "let's let it settle for a minute."

Knit, knit, knit.

Dr. Jeff comes back in and works on the bite and we discuss my 50% chance of absess.

I go home with a half-numb face feeling like crap. So what do I do when I sit down? You got it.

Knit, knit, knit.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment