Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another Fast Week




It's Sunday already! Again, the week flew by. We started the week off celebrating our 30th anniversary. Look at these beautiful roses. David had picked each one, and there are 15 roses, one for every two years. This is just one of the reasons why I love David so much.




I am so ready for spring to get here. We have had so much rain, and 5 days of wind. The saving grace is it has warmed up. Everyone I talk to is ready for Spring. I can remember wetter, colder and grayer winters, but for some reason this one seems LONG. It's been great for knitting, but I am so ready to get outside and get my hands into the garden.




Today I am getting myself ready for Madrona. Susan and I will be leaving bright and early on Thursday morning for Tacoma, and will be there for four days. I've been looking forward to this for months. I was looking through the class supply/homework list for the classes this year, and it's looks pretty minimal. On Thursday I will be in Pat Brunner's "Make it Fit" class. On Friday, it's Margaret Radcliffe's "Sideways Sweaters". Saturday morning I'll be taking Evelyn Clark's "Basics of Lace Knitting". I'll finish off the Retreat with spending Sunday morning with Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. Looks good to me.




We had a baby shower at work for Linda, a grandma-for-the-first-time to be. Her son and daughter in law are expecting a little girl any day now, and Linda is thrilled. Like me, Linda raised boys. I knit the round snuggle blanket and she was tickled PINK to receive it. It was passed around and totally admired by all, nonknitters included. I forgot to take a picture of it after I had it washed and blocked so I asked John (our official department photographer for all of our social events) to take a picture for me.




Unfortunately the heather rose color isn't showing up in this picture, but I am really pleased with the way it came out. As you can see by this picture, it was snuggled by everyone. John took a great picture of Linda snuggling with the blanket but unfortunately I can't get it downloaded so take my word for it, LINDA LOVED IT. I am so glad because it is gratifying to see one's knitting project bring joy to someone.


This past week I have had several telephone calls from Frank and John about various issues, and I LOVE our two sons so much. David and I are so thankful for the wonderful young men God has given us. Frank and John, I love you!


Well, Louie just came in barking which means (1) he needs to go outside to poop, or (2) he already did poop, and come see! ... It was No. 2.


TTFN


Sue









No comments:

Post a Comment