Monday, February 11, 2008

Edgar Barked


Yesterday I noticed a ugly mistake on the baby blanket I am knitting for another first time grandma. It was on the edge of this diagonal blanket so I went ahead and frogged down a couple of rows. Everything was going along beautifully. I was very carefully picking up the loose stitches and putting them back on the needles. It was a very peaceful moment. All of the dogs were napping, we had some rare sunshine coming through the window, and I was very calmly picking up loose stitches on the needles WHEN EDGAR BARKED!!!!!!!!
Now I love Edgar with all of my heart. He is one cool dog. His bark, however, is LOUD; very, very LOUD. When all is nice and quiet, calm and peaceful, and then EDGAR BARKS, your heart stops and whatever is in your hands flies. I have no clue as to what he was barking about, but it did accomplish one thing ...


I dropped a stitch and it went down several rows. Not too much of a problem you say, except, I can't figure out how to pick up stitches with a crochet hook and keep the garter stitches. I can pick up stitches for stockinet without a problem. But garter stitches ... maybe I'll save this for my mentor group with Stephanie at Madrona this week.

I woke up this morning and turned on my computer and everything is huge. The letters are huge, the pictures are huge. I tried to fix it on the control panel, but everything is still huge. Part of me is enjoying the big letters, much easier on the eyes, but another part of me is really bugged by this. Anyone out there have any suggestions besides a tune up with the Geek Squad?

This morning when I was out with the dogs I noticed Spring is finally on its way. The daffodils are starting to pop up their little leaves and the sparrows are singing. Finally. For some reason this seems like it has been a long winter. I think it's because I want to get outside and dig in the dirt. I love to knit, but knitting all the time starts getting to be mundane. I need to be outside checking out my beds, talking with the flowers, and planning my vegetable patch. I feel such a connection with God in my garden and I have missed it over the winter.

Well, I'm off to fix the baby blanket. Hopefully Edgar can stiffle any barks until the task is done.

TTFN

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment