Thursday, March 13, 2008

I've Fallen In Love (and David's Okay With it)

Last Summer I touched a yarn that was beyond belief. I couldn't believe how luxurious it was and how I wanted it NOW! Fortunately for me at that time, the color was wrong. Since then, I have been on the hunt for this yarn and finally found it at the Market Place at Madrona.

The yarn is Hand Maiden's Swiss Mountain Cashmere and Silk. Oh my! What a yarn. It is 65% cashmere and 35% silk, and yes, it is expensive. It is way expensive, but I decided to save up my money and get some, because I'm worth it, and I love it. I had fallen in love with this yarn, and fallen hard.

Okay, so at Madrona I find the yarn, ... and ... I found the right color. Isn't this beautiful!
And I am worth it. Overtime has to pay for something, right? I got two skeins in this green, and two skeins in grape. I have been fondling this yarn since I got it trying to figure out what to knit with it. After finishing up Frank's fingerless gloves, Barbara's comfort socks, and the baby blanket, I decided the time had come to knit up the Hand Maiden yarn. I decided on a scarf to wear this summer at work when the air conditioning is on full blast, blowing down on my neck.

The next question was what stitch to show off this beautiful yarn. I pulled out the Vogue Knitting Stitchionary John gave me for Christmas one year and found this.
It's called the Simple Eyelet stitch. It helps that I found it in a green color, which helped to visualize how the yarn would look in this stitch. I like the way it is looking ...
and I love the way it feels when I knit it. This is a very special yarn. I love this yarn. Not only does it feel like heaven on the fingers, it is well twisted, and is a dream to knit up. The stitch definition is clear. I am using size 3 Addi Lace Needles to knit this up and it is moving like a dream. It is also very soothing to knit this lovely stitch with this heavenly yarn. What a nice way to finish off a day.


I think I won't have a problem getting this project done because I want it around my neck. I love this yarn!

TTFN

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment