Sunday, July 27, 2008

VACATION!!!!!!!

I love the concept of a vacation. No work, no worries, no alarm clocks. I could get used to this.

We've been on the move since the 17th.


Thursday, Day 1, we got on a plane for Newark, NJ. Of course, we were wearing jeans, and jackets because it's cold at 3:00 a.m. in Seattle. When I stepped outside in NJ, it was HOT and it was HUMID. It was like stepping into a steambath. We were greeted by my cousins Pat and Chris, the original Jersey Boys.

Pat and Chris are great, and I consider myself lucky to have such great guys as my cousins.


Friday and Saturday, Day 2 and 3: Chris and his wife, Kathy came and picked us up for the drive up to Cooperstown, NY, home of the Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.


What a museum, even if you are not a big baseball fan. The exhibits are beautifully set up, informative, and kid friendly.

And there is the Hall of Fame. The noise level in the Hall of Fame is next to nothing. This is the place of memories, where the ballplayers of our youth are honored.

We stayed at the Tunnicliff Inn, established in 1802.

From Cooperstown, we stopped off at Woodstock.


It took me 39 years, but I finally got there.
We also stopped to see where Chris and Kathy are building their weekend home. It's on 18 acres in New York and a true piece of heaven on earth.

We ended up day 3 at Cousin Pat's house for a big family barbeque where I got to meettheir kids. What a wonderful family!!!


Sunday, Day 4: Off to NYC to see the city and go to a Broadway Show.


We went to Battery Park to see Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty (she's beautiful).

Then to Ground Zero and Trinity Church.

Ground Zero is a humbling experience. I couldn't take a picture, it didn't seem appropriate. There are so many souls and memories in this huge hole in the ground. We did go to Trinity Church, and could feel the presence of God in a time of need.

We then went to Strawberry Fields in Central Park so I could see the memorial to John Lennon.

Then off to the Theatre District to see Young Frankenstein.

This morning we are off to brunch with my Cousin Sam and her family.

TTFN

Sue

1 comment:

  1. You look great Sue! I've always loved New York - it's one of my favourite cities...

    Take care and much love from me and the boys!

    ReplyDelete