Thursday, November 13, 2008

OPERATION HOLIDAY STOCKINGS 2008 UPDATE

God has spoken and told me to calm down. The moms, sisters, aunts, grandmas, and friends have OHS 2008 under control. So much for my moment of panic. (I have one each year.) We are up to 526 stockings. I remembered I had a box of stockings left over which was a big help. We have raised $625.00 for postage and goodies. We will be sending stockings to 845 soldiers. Their holidays will be a bit brighter because of our efforts.
Nancy has been busy sewing again this year.

Cathi knit these beautiful stockings. Cathi's son has been deployed twice and is always a big supporter of this project.
Sue sent in these stockings. Her son is currently deployed to Iraq so these will be in his box. Aren't they beautiful? Certainly knit with love for her son and his fellow soldiers.
We have a sorority at Puget Sound University decorating stockings this year. This is their first installment. Thank you ladies.
Deb knit these stockings. I love the gold and silver bells sewn on the stockings knit in the camo yarn. What a classy touch.

Mel and her kids decorated these stockings for the troops. They each included a small gift in the stockings they did. These are precious.
The stuffing party at work is tomorrow so David and I stopped and picked up a HUGE BUNCH OF CANDY for the stockings. I took in about 220 stockings so I hope we will have enough of everything.,
Thanks to all of you for your support and participation. I'll try to do a better job of updating everyone. I'm not sure why I am so busy, but I am. Must be old age.
TTFN
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment