Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's Hot

It's hot around here. The Seattle area is experiencing 90 plus degree weather for an extended period of time, and we are now in the 5th day of it. The heat is supposed to be around 100 today. Ugh. I don't like the heat, and never have. Even as a small child growing up in Portland I hated the heat. When it got hot I would spend the day sitting under shade trees reading or playing. Now as a grown child I'm still sitting under shade trees.

I realize some of you from other parts of the country are wondering why Northwesterners can't handle the heat, at least we don't have the killer humidity. Simple answer really ... WE DON'T HAVE AIR CONDITIONING. In the NW portion of Washington only 13% of the residents have air conditioning in their homes. We do, fortunately, have air conditioning in our work places, so attendance at work is high right now.

I feel like a walking balloon bloated with all of the water I have been drinking. I have been drinking about 3 gallons of water, in addition to other liquids.

As I said it's hot, too hot to eat, sleep, garden, and knit. The only knitting I've been getting done lately has been when I'm in a moving vehicle or inside a mall or building with air conditioning. Monday was knitting guild night at Crossroads Mall. When David heard I has heading over to Crossroads with Susan, he volunteered to drive so he could spend a couple of hours in air conditioning reading a book. Worked for me. I got to knit with the air conditioning blasting on me while David drove.

It's hot.

TTFN

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment