Sunday, January 3, 2010

Recap

NOTE: I was asked the other day why I hadn't posted anything new on my blog since December 22nd. I guess I forgot to hit the "post" button.



In getting ready for 2010, I can't help but look back at 2009. It was a year of baby blankets and socks, cabbage worms, and good byes, and lots of love, friendship and fun.



I'm still working on the stained glass blanket I started. Two segments are done and I'm working on the third. It's warm so it's a winter project. There is a lot of love going into this blanket.

Susan and I got our heads together and knit a prayer shawl for Joyce, a breast cancer survivor. We each knit a half and Susan then grafted them together. Joyce continues to be healthy and doing well. We are grateful for the advances in medical treatment for breast cancer.
As part of the sock frenzy I started on, I did the Kool Aid socks. These are knit from the knitted piece of white fabric, and then dyed with Kool Aid. The texture is different because I was unraveling the knitted fabric while I was knitting the socks, but they are so comfy, and were fun to knit.

Our dear little A.J. left us this year and crossed the Rainbow Bridge. We miss our old guy, but know he is in Heaven waiting for us.

The sock frenzy continued the whole year. Marlaina was the recepient of one pair. She fell in love with them while I was knitting them, they fit her like a glove, so for Christmas they were included with a book, needles and yarn for her to knit a pair.

Susan joined David and I on the gardening this past year. It was a bountiful year for us, mostly in the potatoes and onions crops. The cabbage and brussel sprouts were attacked by cabbage worms so we won't be planting those in the primary plot in 2010.

I finally reached my goal and donated a lock of hair for Locks of Love. It was a thrill for me to do this. I don't think I'll do it again. I confirmed I'm not a long hair person.

Baby Blanket No. 1 came out nicely, and Mom and baby were thrilled. So was I.
Baby Blanket No. 2 was another success all the way around. Little Juniper loves it.

Believe it or not I went to my 40th high school reunion. It was fun!

Baby Blanket No. 3 was the Brazilian Bears Blanket and I was very pleased with it.

Susan turned 60 so we had to have a big party for her. It was one of the best parties I have ever hosted or been to.


Baby Blanket No. 4 came out really nice as well, and is loved by little Nolan.

Operation Holiday Stockings was another success this year, with us sending out around 1100 stockings to troops primarily in Afghanistan.


I knit the Rachel socks and she now has warm feet.

The year ended with a lovely holiday season with family and friends.


I only knit two gifts this year for Christmas. The socks for Rachel, and a scarf for Matt. I decided I wasn't going to get all stressed out, and just enjoy the holidays (and the knitting).


Now that 2010 is here there will be more knitting, gardening and living. Happy 2010 everyone!

TTFN

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment