Monday, October 11, 2010

Confusion

In the past three weeks I've been suffering from a mild case of confusion, convinced it was caused by medication I'm taking for the stupid bug bite.  It's like the brain is two steps behind on some issues.  I noticed that on my last blog I said we had a "bit" fire, when it should have been a "big" fire.  Today I was giving a knitting lesson so Jenn can knit her darling baby boy a hat for winter.  It's a good thing she has a sense of humor and is patient.  The first time she "joined without twisting" under my direction, she ended up with a lovely mobius.  The second and third time I "showed" her how to join the stitches for the circular hat, I had us doing straight knitting..  The fourth time was successful.   So much for being the teacher.  (By the way, the hat is going to be darling, and Jenn is coming right along.)

Tonight when I got home I took a good look at our Anniversary Rhody.  We call it the Anniversary Rhody because it blooms early February around our wedding anniversary. 

Well, here it is October 11th, and our Anniversary Rhody is blooming again. 

It's not the drugs ... it's the crazy weather.  It's our Dear Lady La Nina. 

In the meantime, I've heard from knitters in New Jersey, and quilters in California.  I had a nice conversation with a new knitter in Oregon, and another knitter that's been knitting for years.  All of these lovely folks have contacted me to help out with Operation Holiday Stockings.  The support, love, kindness and concern for our troops is wonderful. 

For anyone who is participating this year with stockings, stocking stuffers, or money for postage, thank you for being who you are.

Well, the spaghetti sauce I'm cooking with the last of this year's tomatoes is about ready, so off to finish getting dinner ready.

TTFN

Sue

P.S.  If you come across any typos, or sentences that don't make sense, it's the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment